Duas for Deceased (Marhoom) Parents
Imām Muhammad ibn ‘Alī al-Baqir (A.S.) said: "A man could be obedient to his parents during their lifetime, then they die and he does not repay their debts or ask Allāh to forgive them, so Allāh records him down as being insolent. Or, he could have been insolent to them during their lifetime and not obedient, but after their death he repays their debts and seeks forgiveness from Allāh for them, Allāh records him down as obedient.’[Reference: al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 163, no. 21 ]
When visiting the graveyard NEW PDF Book Knocking on Heavens door Comprehensive duas for visiting Graveyard
Allah (S.W.T.) emphasizes the worth and importance of parents at various places in the Holy Qur’an. It is enough for the wise person to realize this when he observes that the obedience of parents is mentioned side by side with the worship of Allah. It is also authentically mentioned that if your parents are not pleased with you all your worship and good deeds are gone waste, they don’t have any value. And it is not limited for the living parents only but even if they are dead you must remember them by praying for them, attributing some good deeds to them, and rectifying their faults (if any) in a proper way. Perhaps at the time of departure from the world the parents were not pleased at heart with their children, but if the children give due attention to their parents’ well-being in the Hereafter by some good deeds, they become pleased to them.
The world that is five feet under the earth is certainly a dreadful place for the sinners. Although we should consider that all are pious and righteous but one never knows in what condition there the diseased is. Perhaps they are enjoying the fruits of their good deeds and perhaps they are in trouble because of some lapse during their lifetime. So if we perform any good deed on their behalf or offer a Namaaz for them they surely are benefited by it, and it is said that our 2 rak’at Namaaz for the Marhoom is better for them then the riches of the whole world. If they are not in any trouble there then the bounties are increased for them and if they are in any tribulation then their pain is lessened or wiped off. Moresover, the performer of good deed is also to be rewarded.
Here below are stated some A’amaal for the benefit of diseased parents, although they are said to benefit them but the performer of these A’amaal are also nicely rewarded. Especially on every Friday-night and on Friday children of the Marhoom should pray for their parents and give charity on their behalf.
Recite Dua 24 from Sahifa Sajjadia for Parents
Reciting Surah-e-Yaaseen is very beneficial for the Marhoom. He/she is tremendously rewarded for it.
If one recites Surah-e-Mulk or 7 times Surah-e-Qadr by the side of Marhoom’s grave, God-forbid if any punishment is being implemented therein, it is instantly ceased.
Pray 2 rak’at Namaaz between Maghrib and Ishaa with Niyyat of Maghfirat-e-Waalidayn. image Image2
In the first rak’at after Al-Hamd recite 10 times Rabbigh Firlee Waliwaalidayya Walil Mu’mineena Yawma Yaqoomul Hisaab. رَبِّ اغْفِرْلى وَ لِوالِدَىَّ وَ لِلْمُؤْمِنينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسابُ
14:41 Grant Thy forgiveness unto me, and my parents, and all the believers, on the Day on which the [last] reckoning will come to pass!"
And in the second rak’at after Al-Hamd recite 10 times Rabbigh Firlee Waliwaalidayya WalimanDakhala Baytiya Mu’minan Walil Mu’mineena Wal Mu’minaat. رَبِّ اغْفِرْلى وَ لِوالِدَىَّ وَ لِمَنْ دَخَلَ بَيْتِىَ مُؤْمِناً وَ لِلْمُؤْمِنينَ وَ الْمُؤْمِناتِ
71:28 O my Sustainer! Grant Thy forgiveness unto me and unto my parents, and unto everyone who enters my house as a believer, and unto all believing men and believing women [of later times
Then complete the Namaaz as usual.
Then go into Sajdah and recite 10 times—Rabbir Hamhuma Kamaa Rabbayaani Swagheera.رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُما كَما رَبَّيانى صَغيراً
17:24 "O my Sustainer! Bestow Thy grace upon them, even as they cherished and reared me when I was a child!"
5. Some Tasbeeh of Salawaat and Istighfaar should be offered on behalf of Marhoomeen every now and then.
6. Pray 2 rak’at Namaaz for the benefit of Marhoom, in the first rak’at after Al-Hamd recite Surah-e-Qadr and in the second recite Surah-e-Kawsar.
7. 2 rak’at, in the first rak’at after Al-Hamd recite once Aayatul Kursee and Surah-e-Ikhalaas 2 times and in the second rak’at after Al-Hamd recite Surah-e- Takaasur 10 times. This also carries a great reward for Marhoom and the reciter also.
8. If at all the son or a daughter did not fulfill the rights of their parent during their lifetime, then they should pray this Namaaz. InshaaAllaah the Marhoom parents shall be pleased with them: Time: on the night between Wednesday and Thursday. In between Maghrib and Ishaa. Niyyat: Fulfillment of the rights of my parent(s). Namaaz; 2 rak’at. In each rak’at after Al-Hamd recite 5 times Aayatul Kursee, 5 times Surah-e-Ikhlaas, 5 times Surah-e-Kaafiroon, 5 times Surah-e-Falak, and 5 times Surah-e-Naas. After you finish praying the Namaaz in this way recite 15 times Astaghfirullaaha Wa Atoobu Ilayh. Dedicate the Sawaab of this A’amaal to the Marhoom parent and you shall get the reward of fulfilling their rights.
9. If at all, you suspect that there were some wrong transactions committed by your parents so you would naturally wish that they should not be punished for that. Therefore its remedy is that first you should try to rectify if possible, try to make the wronged people be pleased with your parents by recompensing some thing that they would appreciate, and then observe this prayer on behalf of your parents: Pray 4 rak’ar Namaaz in sets if 2 rak’at each. In the 1st rak’at after Al-Hamd ecite Surah-e- Ikhlaas 25 times, in the 2nd rak’at 50 times, in the3 rak’at 75 times and in the 4 th rak’at 100 times. After Namaaz recite this Duaa:
Allaahumma Swalli Ala Muhammadin Wa Aali Muhammad,
Yaa Nooras Samaawaati Wal Ardhi Wa Yaa Ghawthak Mustagheeseen, Yaa Jaaral Mustajeereea Antal Munzalu Bika Kullu Haajatin Astaghfiroo Atoobu Ilayka Mimmadhaalimi Katheeratin Li Ibaadika Qablee Allaahumma Fa Ayyu Maa Abdim Min Ibaadika Aw Amatin Min Imaaika Kaanat Lahoo Qablee Mudhlimatun Dhwalamtuhaa Aw Fee Ardhihee Aw Fee Maalihee Aw Fee Ahlihee Wa Waladihee Aw Gheebatun Ightabtahoo Bihaa Aw Tahammulin Alayhi Bimaylin Aw Hawan Aw Anfatin Aw Hamiyyatin Aw Riyaain Aw Asabiyyatin Ghiyaaban Kaana Aw Shaahidan Wa Hayyan Kaana Aw Mayyitan Fa Qasurat Yadee Wa zaaqa Wus’ee Aw Ruddahaa Ilayhi Wat-Tahallulee Minhoo Fa As’aluka Yaa Man Yamlikul Haajata Wa Hiya Mustajeebatun Li Mashiyyatihee Wa Musriatun Ilaa Iraadatihee An Tuswallee Alaa Muhammadin Wa Aali Muhammad Wa An Turdhiyahoo Aniyy Bimaa Shi’ta Min Khazaaini Rahmatika Thumma Tahaba Lee Min Ladunka Rahmatan Innahoo Laa Tanqusukal Maghfiratu Walaa Tadhurrukal Moohibatoo Rabbi Akrimnee Birahmatika Walaa Tukhzinee Bi Dhunoobee Innaka Waasiul Maghfiratee Yaa Arhamar-Raahimeen Allaahuma Swalli Alaa Muhammadin Wa Aali Muhammmad.