PRAYERS OF THE FINAL PROPHET (SAAWW)
|PREVIOUS PAGE CONTENT INDEX NEXT PAGE|
1. THE GENERAL SUPPLICATIONS
1. From Anas XE "Anas" ibn M¡lik who said: When the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 intended to travel, he would say when departing:
أَللّٰهُمَّ بِكَ إِنْتَشَرْتُ وَ إِلَيْكَ تَوَجَّهْتُ وَ بِكَ إِعْـتَصَمْتُ أَنْتَ ثِقَـتِي وَرَجَائِي. أَللّٰهُمَّ اكْفِنِي مَا أَهَمَّنِي وَ مَا لاَ أَهْـتَمَّ لَهُ وَ مَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي. أَللّٰهُمَّ زَوِّدْنِي التَّقْوىٰ وَ اغْفِرْ لِي وَ وَجِّهْنِي إِلـىٰ الْـخَيْرِ حَيْثُمَا تَوَجَّهْتُ.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! by Your Will (and Mercy) have I embarked on this journey, and to You have I turned, and with You do I seek refuge. You are my Confidant and my Hope. O All¡h! Suffice for me that which is important for me and that which I do not give importance to but You know more of than me. O All¡h! Endow me with taqw¡ and forgive me, and turn me towards good wherever I turn – then he would leave.[i]
2. It has been narrated that when the Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 would return home from a battle or from the °ajj, (on his way) he would recite the takb¢r (All¡hu Akbar) thrice on every elevation on the land and then say:
لاَ إِلٰهَ إِلاَّ اللّٰهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ. لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَ هُوَ عَلـى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ. آئِبُونَ عَابِدُونَ سَاجِدُونَ رَبَّنَا حَامِدُونَ صَدَقَ اللّٰهُ وَعْدَهُ وَ نَصَرَ عَبْدَهُ وَ هَزَمَ الأَحْزَابَ وَحْدَهُ.
There is no god but All¡h XE "All¡h" . He is one - without any partner. His is the kingdom and for Him is all praise and He has power over all things. (We come to Him) returning, worshipping, prostrating and praising our Lord. All¡h has made true His promise and helped His servant and vanquished the (enemy) factions. [ii]
Note: al-Fay¤ has also narrated this in al-Ma¦ajjah.[iii]
When he dressed, he started dressing from his right side saying:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ الَّذِي كَسَانِي مَا أُوَارِي بِهِ عَوْرَتِي وَ أَتَجَمَّلُ بِهِ فِي النَّاسِ.
Praise be to All¡h XE "All¡h" who clothed me with that which I conceal my nakedness with and by which I adorn myself amongst the people.
3. In al-K¡f¢: In his narration from Ibn al-Qadd¡h from Ab¢ ~Abdill¡h XE "Ab¢ ~Abdill¡h" D who said: When the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 went to bed he would say:
أَللّٰهُمَّ بِسْمِكَ أَحْـيَا وَ بِسْمِكَ أَمُوتُ.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! By Your name do I live and by Your name do I die.
and when he awoke he would say:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ الَّذِي أَحْـيَانِي بَعْدَ مَا أَمَاتَـنِي وَ إِلَيْهِ النُّشُورِ.
All praise be to All¡h XE "All¡h" who gave me life after causing me to die, and to Him is the return.[iv]
Note: This is also narrated by al-®ad£q XE "al-®ad£q" in al-Faqih and al-±abars¢ XE "al-±abars¢" in al-Mak¡rim.[v]
4. In al-K¡f¢: In his narration from Mu¦ammad XE "Mu¦ammad" ibn Marw¡n who said: Ab£ ~Abdill¡h XE "Ab£ ~Abdill¡h" D said: “Should I not tell you what the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 used to say when retiring to bed?” I said: “Yes.” He said: “He 9 would recite Ayat al-Kursi[vi] and then he would say:
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ. آمَنْتُ بِاللّٰهِ وَ كَفَرْتُ بِاطَّاغُوتِ. أَللّٰهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي فِي مَنَامِي وَ فِي يَقْظَتِي.
In the name of All¡h XE "All¡h" , I believe in All¡h and disbelieve in the false gods. O All¡h protect me in my sleep and when I am awake.”[vii]
5. Also: If the Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 saw something scary in his sleep he would (remember All¡h XE "All¡h" and) say:
هُوَ اللّٰهُ الَّذِي لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ.
He is All¡h XE "All¡h" – the one who has no partner.
and when he stood for prayer he would say:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ نُورُ السَّمٰوَاتِ وَ الأَرْضِ وَ الْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ قَـيُّومُ السَّمٰوَاتِ وَ الأَرْضِ وَ الْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ رَبُّ السَّمٰوَاتِ وَ الأَرْضِ وَ مَنْ فِيهِنَّ. أَنْتَ الْحَقُّ وَ قَوْلُكَ الْحَقُّ وَلِقَائُكَ الْحَقُّ وَ الْجَنَّةُ حَقٌّ وَ النَّارُ حَقٌّ وَ السَّاعَةُ حَقٌّ. أَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ وَ عَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَ إِلَيْكَ أُنِيبُ وَ بِكَ خَاصَمْتُ وَ إِلَيْكَ حَاكَمْتُ. فَاغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَ مَا أَخَّرْتُ وَ مَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَ مَا أَعْلَنْتُ. أَنْتَ إِلٰهِي لاَ إِلٰهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ.
All praise is due to All¡h XE "All¡h" , the Light of the heavens and the earth and the Sustainer of the heavens and the earth. All praise is for All¡h, the Lord of the heavens and the earth and all therein. You are the Truth and Your words are true, the return to You is true, Paradise is true, Hell is true and the Appointed Time is true. O All¡h! To You have I submitted and in You do I believe. In You do I put my trust and to You do I turn. With Your strength do I fight my enemies and from You do I seek justice. Please forgive my sins, of past and present, those I have done in hiding and those done openly. You are my God - there is no god but You - then he would brush his teeth before performing ablution.[viii]
6. In al-K¡f¢: In his narration from Mu¦ammad XE "Mu¦ammad" ibn Marw¡n who said: Ab£ ~Abdill¡h XE "Ab£ ~Abdill¡h" D said: “Should I not tell you what the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 used to say when retiring to bed?” I said: “Yes.” He said: “He 9 would recite Ayat al-Kurs¢[ix] and then he would say:
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ. آمَنْتُ بِاللّٰهِ وَ كَفَرْتُ بِاطَّاغُوتِ. أَللّٰهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي فِي مَنَامِي وَ فِي يَقْظَتِي.
In the name of All¡h XE "All¡h" , I believe in All¡h and disbelieve in the false gods. O All¡h protect me in my sleep and when I am awake.”[x]
7. In al-Mak¡rim: He 9 would supplicate:
أَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ وَلَدٍ يَكُونُ عَلَيَّ رَبًّا وَ مِنْ مَالٍ يَكُونُ عَلَيَّ ضَـيَاعاً وَ مِنْ زَوْجَةٍ تُشَـيِّـبَنِي قَبْلَ أَوَانَ مَشِيـبَتِي.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! I seek refuge with You from an offspring who would rule over me, and from the wealth that would be the cause of my destruction and from the wife who would make me old before my time.[xi]
8. In al-Irsh¡d of al-Daylam¢: When he 9 drank water he would say:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ الَّذِي لَمْ يَجْعَلْهُ أُجَاجاً بِذُنُوبِنَا وَ جَعَلَهُ عَذْباً فُرَاتاً بِنِعْمَتِهِ.
All praise be to All¡h XE "All¡h" , the One who did not make it (this water) bitter as a punishment for our sins, and made it sweet and quenching by His grace.[xii]
9. In al-Iqb¡l: From al-Sayyid Ya¦y¡ ibn al-°usayn ibn H¡run al-°usayn¢ in his Am¡li: When the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 had eaten a few morsels, he would say:
أَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ أَطْعَمْتَ وَ سَقَيْتَ وَ أَرْوَيْتَ فَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ غَيْرَ مَكْفُورٍ وَ لاَ مُوَدَّعٍ وَ لاَ مُسْتَغْنـى عَنْكَ.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! To You belongs all praise. You have fed, given drink and quenched the thirst; so all praise belongs to you, without ingratitude, and without leave, and without (seeking) independence from You.[xiii]
10. When the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 ate or drank he said:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ الَّذِي أَطْعَمَ وَ سَقى وَ سَوَّغَهَ وَ جَعَلَ لَهُ مَخْرَجاً.
All praise is for All¡h XE "All¡h" , the One who gave food and drink, and allowed it to be consumed, and made a pathway and an outlet for it.[xiv]
11. In al-K¡f¢: In his narration from Ab¢ Us¡mah in a ¦ad¢th from Ab¢ ~Abdill¡h XE "Ab¢ ~Abdill¡h" D: A man asked him (among other things): “What is the sunnah regarding entering the lavatory?” He D said: “Remember All¡h XE "All¡h" , seek protection from All¡h against the cursed Shaitan and when you have finished (relieving yourself) say:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ عَلـى مَا أَخْرَجَ مِنِّي مِنَ الأَذى فِي يُسْرٍ وَ عَافِيةٍ.
All praise be to All¡h XE "All¡h" for what he has removed from me of that which is harmful (to my body) with ease and well-being.”[xv]
12. From Shah¢d al-Th¡ni in Musakkin al-Fu~¡d: From ~Al¢ XE "~Al¢" D: When the Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 gave condolence he would say:
آجَرَكُمُ اللّٰهُ وَرَحِمَكُمْ.
May All¡h XE "All¡h" recompense you and have mercy on you
And when he congratulated someone he would say:
بَارَكَ اللّٰهُ لَكُمْ وَ بَارَكَ َاللّٰهُ عَلَيْكُمْ
May All¡h bless you and keep you blessed.[xvi]
13. In al-Maj¡lis of Shaykh al-±£s¢: In his narration from al-H¡rith from ~Al¢ XE "~Al¢" D who said: When the Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 visited a sick person he would say:
أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ الْبَأْسِ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي لاَ شَافِيَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ.
Remove the affliction O Lord of affliction, and cure him for You are the Healer, there is no other Healer but You.[xvii]
14. In Tibb al-A’immah: From J¡bir from al-B¡qir D who said: When the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 or someone from his family or (close) companions was afflicted with inflammation in the eyes, he would recite the following supplication:
أَللّٰهُمَّ مَتِّعْنِي بِسَمْعِي وَ بَصَرِي وَ اجْعَلْهُمَا الْوَارِثَـيْنِ مِنِّي وَانْصُرْنِي عَلـى مَنْ ظَلَمَنِي وَ أَرِنِي فِيهِ ثَأْرِي.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! Cause me to enjoy my hearing and my sight and make them continue with me until the day I die, and help me (to gain victory) over the one who oppresses me and take my vengeance from him.[xviii]
15. In al-Mak¡rim: From Ibn ~Abb¡s who said: The Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 would teach us (to recite this) for all types of pains, fever and headache:
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الْكَبِيرِ. أَعُوذُ بِاللّٰهِ الْعَظِيمِ مِنْ شَرِّ كُلِّ عِرْقٍ نَعَّارٍ وَ مِنْ شَرِّ حَرِّ النَّارِ.
In the name of All¡h XE "All¡h" the Great. I seek refuge with All¡h the Almighty from the evil of all that gushes in the veins and from the evil of the heat of the Hellfire.[xix]
16. In Majmu~at Warr¡m: Whenever the Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 was saddened by something, he would take recourse in fasting and prayer.[xx]
17. al-Shah¢d al-Th¡ni in Musakkin al-Fu~¡d: Whenever an affliction befell the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9, he would stand, perform ablution, pray two rak~ahs and say:
أَللّٰهُمَّ قَدْ فَعَلْتُ مَا أَمَرْتَنَا فَأَنْـجِزْلَنَا مَا وَعَدْتَنَا.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! I have done as you commanded, so fulfill for us what you have promised us.[xxi]
18. Also: In his narration from ~Umar ibn Udhaynah who said: I saw Ab¡ ~Abdill¡h D throw dust over the dead body (in the grave). He held the dust in his hand for some time and then threw it and he never threw more than three handfuls. So I asked him about this. He replied: “O ~Umar! I was saying:
إِيْمَانًا وَ تَصْدِيقاً بِبَعْثِكَ هٰذَا مَا وَعَدَ اللّٰهُ وَرَسُولَهُ وَ صَدَقَ اللّٰهُ وَ رَسُولُهُ وَ مَا زَادَهُمْ إِلاَّ إِيـمَاناً وَ تَسْلِيماً.
(O All¡h XE "All¡h" !) I believe and confirm that you will resurrect (all human beings); ‘... this is what All¡h and his Prophet promised and All¡h and His promised spoke the truth - and it only increased them in faith and submission’.[xxii]
19. In al-Ihtij¡j: From Mu¦ammad XE "Mu¦ammad" ibn ~Abdill¡h ibn al-Humayri – in a ¦ad¢th on the answers to his questions from the one who is divinely protected: ...So he D answered him: The tawajjuh is entirely non-obligatory, and the highly recommended sunnah which has been agreed upon is (for one to recite):
وَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِي فَطَرَ السَّمٰوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ حَنِيفاً مسْلِماً وَمَا أَنَا مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ. إِنَّ صَلاَتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْـيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلّٰهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ، وَبِذٰلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ. أَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ. أَعُوذُ بِاللّٰه السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ. بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ.
I have turned myself wholly towards the One who originated the heavens and the earth and I am not from the polytheists. Verily my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are for All¡h XE "All¡h" , the Lord of the Universe – He has no partner; and this is what I was commanded and I am from those who submit. O All¡h! Place me among those who submit. I seek refuge with All¡h from the accursed Shaytan. In the name of All¡h, the All-beneficent the All-merciful... and then recite (S£rah) al-°amd.[xxiii] Pg. 329
20. In al-~Uy£n: From Y¡sir al-Kh¡dim and from Rayy¡n ibn ®alt and others from those who narrated it from Ab¢ al-°asan XE "Ab¢ al-°asan" al-Ri¤¡ D in a ¦ad¢th: When the (day of) ~eid came, Ma~mun sent for al-Ri¤¡ D asking him to ride to the ~eid prayer and give the sermon ... and when Ma~mun insisted, he D said: O Am¢r al-Mu`min¢n[xxiv], if you excuse me from this it will be more pleasing to me, and if you do not excuse me then I will come out for the ~eid prayer as the Prophet of All¡h XE "All¡h" 9 came out and as Am¢r al-Mu`min¢n ~Al¢ XE "~Al¢" ibn Ab¢ T¡lib D came out ... so at sunrise al-Ri¤¡ performed ghusl and wore a white turban made of cotton, placing one end of it on his chest and another end between his shoulders and said to all his slaves: “Do as I have done.” Then he took a short staff in his hand and came out and we were with him. He D was barefoot, having rolled-up his trousers up to half the shank. When he stood and we walked in front of him, he raised his head toward the heavens and recited the takb¢r four times ... and when he came to the door he stopped briefly and said:
أَللّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ، أَللّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ، أَللّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ، عَلى مَا هَدَانَا، أَللّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ عَلى مَا رَزَقَنَا مِنْ بَهِيمَةِ الأَنْعَامِ، وَالْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ عَلى مَا أَبْلاَنَا.
All¡h XE "All¡h" is the Greatest, All¡h is the Greatest, All¡h is the Greatest for that which He has guided us to. All¡h is the Greatest for what He has granted us of sustenance from the livestock, and all praise is due to All¡h for what He has destined for us.
He recited this loudly and we also recited it loudly... and he said this three times... and Ab£ al-°asan D would walk and stop briefly after every ten steps, reciting the takb¢r four times.[xxv]
21. In al-Faqih: When the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 supplicated for rain he would recite:
أَللّٰهُمَّ اسْقِ عِبَادَكَ وَبَهَائِمَكَ، وَانْشُرْ رَحْمَتَكَ، وَأَحْيِي بِلاَدَكَ الْمَيِّتَةَ.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! Give water to Your servants and Your creatures, and spread Your mercy, and give life to Your lifeless land.
And he would repeat it three times.[xxvi]
22. In ~Aw¡rif al-Ma~¡rif: Am¢r al-Mu`min¢n D narrated that the Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 used to say in his sajdah:
أَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ سَجَدْتُ وَبِكَ آمَنْتُ وَلَكَ أَسْلَمْتُ، سَجَدَ وَجْهِي لِلَّذِي خَلَقَهُ وَصَوَّرَهُ وَشَقَّ سَمْعَهُ وَبَصَرَهُ، فَتَبَارَكَ اللّٰهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! I have prostrated before You, and believed in You and submitted myself to You. My face has prostrated to the One who created it and fashioned it, giving it (the power of) hearing and sight; so blessed is All¡h the best of Creators.[xxvii]
23. In the book al-Gh¡r¡t of al-Thaqaf¢: From ~Ub¡yah who said: Am¢r al-Mu’min¢n D wrote to Mu¦ammad XE "Mu¦ammad" ibn Ab¢ Bakr: Observe your ruk£~... and when the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 stood from the ruk£~ he said:
سَمِعَ اللّٰهُ لِمَنْ حَمِدَهُ، أَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ مِلْءَ سَمٰوَاتِكَ، وَمِلْءَ أَرْضِكَ، وَمِلْءَ مَا شِئْتَ مِنْ شَيْءٍ.
All¡h XE "All¡h" listens to the one who glorifies Him. O All¡h! Glory be to You, (a glory that is) filling Your heavens and filling Your earth and filling up whatever You wish.[xxviii]
24. In al-Bi¦¡r from al-Dhikr¡: On the supplication recited between the two sajdahs – it has been narrated from the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 that he used to say between them:
أَللّٰهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَارْحَمْنِي وَ أَجِرْنِي وَعَافِـنِي إِنِّي لِمَا أَنْزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ. تَبَارَكَ اللّٰهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ.
O All¡h XE "All¡h" ! Forgive me, and have mercy on me, and keep me safe and grant me well-being. I am needy of the good that You have sent down to me. Blessed is All¡h, the Lord of the Universe.[xxix]
25. al-®ad£q XE "al-®ad£q" in Fadh¡’il al-Ash’hur: In his narration from ~Abdill¡h ibn Mas~ud, from the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 who said: I swear by the One who sent me with the Truth - Jibra~¢l informed me from Isr¡fil, from his Lord the Almighty that He i said: The one who prays on the last night of the month of Rama¤¡n ten rak~ahs, reciting in every rak~ah ‘F¡ti¦at al-Kit¡b’ (S£rah al-°amd) once and ‘Qul Huwall¡hu A¦ad’ (S£rah al-Ikhl¡¥) ten times and reciting in his ruk£~ and his suj£d ten times:
سُبْحَانَ اللّٰهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ وَلاَ إِلٰهَ إِلاَّ اللّٰهُ وَاللّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ.
‘Sub¦¡nall¡hi wal °amdu Lill¡hi wa L¡ Il¡ha Illall¡hu Wall¡hu Akbar’ and recites the tashahhud and sal¡m after every two rak~ahs. And when he completes the last of the ten rak~ahs, after the sal¡m he recites: ‘Astaghfirull¡h’ one thousand times after which he goes into sajdah and says:
يَا حَيُّ يَا قَـيُّومُ، يَا ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالإِكْرَامِ، يَا رَحْمٰنُ الدُّنْـيَا وَالآخِرَةِ وَرَحِيمَهُمَا، يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ، يَا إِلٰهَ الأَوَّلِينَ وَالآخِرِينَ، إِغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا، وَتَقَبَّلْ مِنَّا صَلاَتَناَ وَصِيَامَنَا وَقِيَامَنَا.
O Ever-Living! O Self-Subsisting! O Lord of Might and Majesty! O Merciful in this world and hereafter and Compassionate in them both! O Most Merciful of mercifuls! O Master of the first ones and the last ones! Forgive us our sins and accept from us our prayers and fasting and good deeds
...The Noble Prophet XE "Noble Prophet" 9 said: This was a gift especially for me and the men and women of my Ummah which All¡h XE "All¡h" i did not give anyone before me, from the prophets and others.[xxx]
26. From al-Qutb in al-Da’aw¡t: From the Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 who said: Jibra`¢l instructed me to recite the Qur`¡n while standing, and to glorify All¡h XE "All¡h" while in the state of ruk£~, and to praise Him while in sajdah and to supplicate to him while sitting.[xxxi]
27. From A¦mad ibn al-Fahd in ~Uddat al-D¡~¢: The Noble Prophet XE "Holy Prophet" 9 would raise his hands when he invoked and supplicated (to All¡h XE "All¡h" ) just as a beggar does when seeking food.[xxxii]
Note: This has (also) been narrated by Shaykh ±£s¢ in al-Maj¡lis and al-Akhb¡r from Mu¦ammad XE "Mu¦ammad" and Zayd - the two sons of ~Al¢ XE "~Al¢" XE "~Al¢ ibn al-°usayn" ibn al-°usayn D, from their father from al-°usayn D.[xxxiii]
[i] Mak¡rim al-Akhl¡q: 246
[ii] ~Aw¡rif al-Ma~¡rif: 129
[iii] Mahajjat al-Bay¤¡` 4:75
[iv] al-K¡f¢ 2:539
[v] al-Faqih 1:480, Mak¡rim al-Akhl¡q: 39
[vi] S£rat al-Baqarah (2): 255-257
[vii] al-K¡f¢ 2:536
[viii] Mak¡rim al-Akhl¡q: 292
[ix] S£rat al-Baqarah (2): 255-257
[x] al-K¡f¢ 2:536
[xi] Mak¡rim al-Akhl¡q: 203
[xii] We did not find it in al-Irsh¡d, but we found it in al-Was¡`il 17:204
[xiii] Iqb¡l al-A~m¡l: 116
[xiv] Sunan Ab¢ D¡wud 3:366
[xv] al-K¡f¢ 3:69
[xvi] Musakkin al-Fu`¡d: 108
[xvii] Am¡l¢ al-±£s¢ 2:252
[xviii] ±ibb al-A`immah: 83
[xix] Mak¡rim al-Akhl¡q: 401
[xx] Majmu~at Warr¡m: 255
[xxi] Musakkin al-Fu~¡d: 56
[xxii] S£rat al-A¦z¡b (33): 22
[xxiii] al-Ihtij¡j: 486
[xxiv] This title is rightfully reserved for Imam ~Al¢ XE "~Al¢" C but Imam al-Ri¤¡ C had to use this title for Ma~mun as a form of dissimulation.
[xxv] ~Uy£n Akhbar al-Ri¤¡ 2:149
[xxvi] al-Faqih 1:527
[xxvii] `Aw¡rif al-Ma`¡rif: 284
[xxviii] al-Ghar¡t 1:246
[xxix] Bih¡r al-Anw¡r 85:137
[xxx] Fadh¡`il al-Ash`hur al-Thal¡thah: 134-135
[xxxi] al-Da~aw¡t: 47, al-Mustadrak 4:427
[xxxii] ~Uddat al-D¡~¢: 196
[xxxiii] Am¡l¢ al-±£s¢ 2:198 (It has not been narrated here from al-°usain C), Mak¡rim al-Akhl¡q: 267, Majmu~at Warr¡m: 320